First Children’s French Literature Festival to Begin Nov. 3 in New Orleans
NEW ORLEANS (press release) – The Consulate General of France, Villa Albertine, and the Alliance française of New Orleans invite you to discover the world of children’s literature in French, at the very first event of its kind : My French Book Fest.
Meet Francophone authors, attend book signings with your kids, and have fun experiencing French culture with various activities:
- A French Book Fair in partnership with the Garden District Book Shop
- A performance of the story The Wolf in Underpants / Le Loup en Slip by award-winning French author Wilfrid Lupano
- Virtual reality experiences – Art can also tell us stories!
- Create your own cartoons with Éditions Animées
- Workshop focusing on comics of the French-speaking world
- Storytime by renowned Louisiana author Barry Ancelet
This festival is made possible thanks to the generous support of Villa Albertine and in collaboration with the Villa Albertine in New Orleans.
In partnership with New Orleans French Immersion Schools, the Alliance Française will host field trips on Thursday, Nov. 3, and Friday, Nov. 4.
My French Book Fest is part of a 2022-2023 children’s literature season, an initiative of the Consulate General of France in Louisiana / Villa Albertine. This season provides other highlights, such as professional development for local French teachers, writing competitions open to schools, and the creation of educational material available to French teachers in Louisiana.
This event is for everyone, from ages 3 to 99 years old!