Chicken Breasts with Caper Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 2 teaspoons chopped parsley
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
CUT chicken breasts in half and season with salt and pepper. Dredge in flour. Add oil and butter to a large skillet over medium heat. When butter has foamed, add chicken breasts and cook until browned on one side. Turn and cook on the other side until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken to a warm serving platter or plates.
POUR off the fat in the pan. Increase the heat to high and add chicken stock and wine. Scrape up the brown bits that have adhered in the pan. Cook until the liquid has begun to thicken. Add lemon juice and capers. When the liquid turns syrupy, remove pan from the heat and spoon sauce over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.