Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 pounds butternut squash, cubed
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- coarse salt and chipotle chile pepper to taste
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
PREHEAT oven to 450 F.
TOSS squash and onions in olive oil to coat. Place on a sheet pan and roast until browned and softened, about 20-30 minutes.
COMBINE squash, onions and chicken stock in large pot. Bring to a boil. Puree with an immersion blender. Season with salt and chipotle chile pepper.
SERVE hot, garnished generously with fresh grated Parmesan cheese.