Shrimp Salad with Tomatoes and Pesto
- 1 pound boiled shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- lettuce leaves
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh basil
- 1/2 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- coarse salt
IN A MEDIUM BOWL, toss shrimp with lemon juice. Add tomatoes and pesto, and toss to coat well. Season with salt and pepper. Serve on lettuce leaves.
PLACE basil, garlic and olive oil in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse several times, stopping to scrape down the bowl as needed, until basil is pureed. Add optional pine nuts and Parmesan and pulse to combine. Season to taste with salt.